MÂ O VE OVER, Mr. Blackwell.Â Free Press readers haveÂ their own ideas when itÂ comes to listing the best- andÂ worst-dressed celebrities.
And many who sent in the ballotÂ from last Thursday’s fashionÂ section pulled no punches aboutÂ those they feel exhibit style savvyÂ and those who are a walkingÂ fashion faux pas.
Among international celebrities,Â Diana, Princess of Wales andÂ Madonna topped the best andÂ worst-dressed (respectively) listsÂ with readers. Each won in herÂ category by a whopping majority.
Needless to say, there wereÂ interesting nominations. MinnieÂ Mouse, Dracula and all the maleÂ characters from TV’s LA LawÂ made the best-dressed poll, whileÂ Mick Jagger, Queen Victoria andÂ Chelsea Clinton were among theÂ many worst-dressed candidates.Â Go figure.
The results were tabulated fromÂ all the best- and worst-dressedÂ ballots that flooded in. Sure, theÂ survey was unscientific, but forÂ Janice Sawka, the payoff wasÂ worth it as her ballot was pulled in aÂ random draw from all entriesÂ received. Sawka wins a$100 gift
certificate from The Body Shop.
Many thanks to all who took theÂ time to enter. In some cases, celebsÂ received an equal number of votes.Â Without further ado, meetÂ Winnipeg’s version of the good, theÂ bad and the dowdy.
TOP 10 BEST-DRESSED LIST CELEBS
1. Diana, Princess of Wales.
2. Jackie Onassis; Julia Roberts
3. Barbara Wallers.
4. Bill Clinton; Angela Lansbury.
5. Candice Bergen; Cindy Crawford; Oprah Winfrey.
6. George Bush; Mila Mulroney; Joan Rivers; Barbra Streisand.
7. Hillary Clinton; Arsenio Hall.
8. Mariah Carey; Queen Elizabeth; Richard Gere; Jay Leno; Nicolette Sheridan; Margaret Thatcher; Pierre Trudeau.
9. Kirstie Alley; Don Cherry; Tom Cruise; Gloria Estefan; Jodie Foster; Mary Hart; Demi Moore; Christian Slater; En Vogue.
TOP 5 LOCAL BEST-DRESSED
1. Gary Filmon; Sylvia Kuzyk.
2. Susan Thompson.
3. Lisa Best; Sharon Carstairs.
4. Bob Essensa.
5. Brother Jake Edwards.
TOP 10 WORST-DRESSED LIST CELEBS
3. Rosearine Arnold; Elizabeth Taylor.
4. Queen Elizabeth.
5. Michael Jackson.
6. Sinead O’Connor; Julia Roberts.
7. Hillary Clinton.
8. Darryl Hannah; Billy Ray Cyrus; Geena Davis; Sarah Ferguson; Zsa Zsa Gabor; Prince.
9. Woody Allen; K. D. Lang; Brian Mulroney; Axl Rose; Vanna White.
10. Barbara Bush; Kriss Kross; David Letterman; Bette Midler; Robin Williams.
TOP 5 LOCAL WORST-DRESSED