The View co-host Joy Behar revealed at the top of Friday’s show that she had recently been approached to headline the upcoming tour of Hello, Dolly! as iconic matchmaker Dolly Gallagher Levi.
“Just because I happen to look like Bette Midler,” Behar said. She went on to tell her co-hosts that she politely declined the offer.
“Even if I had the desire to go on the road, I don’t sing and I don’t dance,” added the comedian and vocal LGBT rights advocate, who appeared off-Broadway in the solo show Me, My Mouth, and I. “Problems!”
Since when has a celebrity needed singing or dancing skills to star in a musical?
- Bette Midler now has her own official day (bootlegbetty.com)
- Bette Midler On Why She Really Turned To Television: (bootlegbetty.com)
- Bette Midler Takes on an Iconic Role as Hello, Dolly! Opens on Broadway (Official Opening Tonight) (bootlegbetty.com)
- Bette Midler [her reaction of Broadway audiences] I (bootlegbetty.com)
- Bette Midler On Hello Dolly: (bootlegbetty.com)